Friday, June 11, 2010

Craft Hope - Gulf Coast Oil Spill Project

SCHAUL SCHWARZ REPORTAGE BY GETTY IMAGES FOR CNN

You've all heard the tragic news about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Well, the amazing folks at Craft Hope have put together a project to aid in the clean up. They're reaching out knitters, crocheters and sewers alike asking everyone to create washcloths or hand towels which will be used to help clean off the poor animals covered in oil.

Please read more about the project here and if you're interested whip out those needles and get crafting! The deadline is July 3rd, but they'll be accepting donations beyond that date for other Coastal Wildlife Refuges.

FYI, this is the same group that hosted the Red Scarf Project I participated in. Such a great group of people and I feel really good about their projects.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'll see if my MIL is up for this... as you know I'm not a crafter of any kind.
So good of you to do this and spread the word about it.

XYZZ said...

Mari-Ann, thanks so much for posting this. I showed this to Short Pants and we decided to participate. I'll be putting something up on my blog once we get back from out of town.

regina said...

Oh I hope people at world wide Knit in Public day site know about this! I'll bring it to our organizers in Brooklyn and see what we can get together in the various groups!
thanks for posting this!

Leigh said...

I may need to repost this on my blog. The entire idea of the oil spill makes me literally sick to my stomach. I can actually not even think about the whole situation. Any little thing that can be done to help!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails