Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sponge Bombs!

These are our new favorite water toy! Cheap, super easy to make and so.much.fun to play with!

You can find the tutorial on how to make these here, but I will mention that instead of dental floss (which broke very easily) we used electrical ties. I think a strong thread or string would work just as well, but if you do decide to use electrical ties please make sure you sand or file down the sharp edges left after cutting the tail off of the ties.

Hooray for summer!

~Thank you for your comments!~

8 comments:

The girl who painted trees said...

I made one as a toddler toy for Bear three years ago and just used a rubber band to hold it together. We still have it:) We've never brought it to the pool though. Great idea.

Kristin said...

I love these, we made them for my daughters 5th birthday party. It was a luau theme with all kinds of water fun. Great way to get wet!

Julie said...

Those are great! I'm going to have to make some for pool time.

Counting Coconuts said...

These have been SUCH a hit with everyone - we had a pool party and people of ALL ages were playing with these things!

Joey said...

Oh I think this is an awesome idea! I'm going to grab some sponges the next time I'm at the dollar store!
We're doing a beach theme right now so it's perfect!
Thanks Mari-Ann!
~ joey ~

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

We made some a couple of weeks ago. Our kids love them! I agree with not using dental floss, we used extra ponytail elastics and they seem to be holding up great.

Jessie, The Education Of Ours said...

Oh yes! This is a summer MUST HAVE. Favorite toy, hands down!

Sippy Cup Central said...

Just made them, thanks for the idea. Karen
Sippy Cup Central

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails