Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Favors

Just thought I'd share some simple Valentine favors I made for a recent Valentine's Day party we hosted.
I've made recycled crayons before (click here for my tutorial), but I was recently inspired by an old high school friend to make these heart shaped ones.

I used a silicone mold, which made for easy removal and clean-up.

I added a few chocolate kisses and a little tag to a baggie and voila! a little party favor full of love. :)

Another idea for an easy homemade Valentine would be to package some chocolate scented playdough in a small toss away container and attach a little heart shaped cookie cutter to the tag.

UPDATED: I just did a quick search in my Reader and saw that Frugal Family Fun made some crayon favors last month. Take a look at Valerie's link to see the adorable packaging she created for favors!


~Thank you for your comments!~

12 comments:

Beth- the mama bee said...

Last year, I used a similar mold from the target dollar section and it melted in my oven, like butter! Turns out it was for shaped icecubes, not the oven!

Ms Debbie said...

There is such a wealth of information here... thanks so much for sharing. My delicious site is clogged with coconuts today !

Unknown said...

We have done this 2 times and we loved it!! Had a ton of fun with it!! The kids love using the crayons! They are almost done with the last ones we made "stars" so before long it will be time for #3!! Hope you had as much fun as we did!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

cute!! I love making crayons!

Unknown said...

such a great idea, I was wondering what to do for Valentines day. My kiddos has lots of food allergies, dairy, eggs, and nuts. So it is hard to find something to give out when I know he cannot have it.
Thanks again looove your website
Katherine

Crazy Christine said...

I did these last year with my boys. They are awesome. We then attached them to a simple picture to color of the internet. Happy Valentines Day!

I am definitely going to try the scented playdough.

Elle Belles Bows said...

They make the best favors ever. I think I get just as excited as E when I see them in a favor bag! Great job! Kerri

Kami said...

Just wanted to say hi! I LOVE your blog and found it right before we made a big move from Hawaii to mainland USA, I am just starting to get back into the blogging world again after a long break, but wanted to let you know I have linked to your blog several times and love all your ideas. Thank you so much for sharing them!
Kami

woolies said...

What fun!!

Unknown said...

These look great! I should have bought those ice trays when I saw them at Target.

Jen said...

Thanks to you, all the kids in my son's class are coloring with little hearts! Thank you for the idea!

nd said...

i have made these heart crayons and with a little color sheet that has a world on it and says "color the world with love."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails