Monday, February 7, 2011

Number Fun & Refurbing Scrapping Materials

So, what does an ex-scrapbooker do when she has lots of scrap paper and embellishments laying around? Why, turn them into learning tools, of course!

I recently ran across this bunch of embellishments and just threw them in a basket and added them to our shelves to see what James would do with them...

He immediately got out the sandpaper numbers (and later the red and blue number rods) and began sorting and matching the numbers. He spent over 30 minutes doing this!

In case you're interested, here are a few links to what I've done with some of my other scrapping materials:

Paper:
Seasonal Bulletin Board
Paper People
Classroom Calendar
Pockets & Pouches

Embellishments:
Sensory Tubs
Felt Counting Fish
Continent Bags (stickers and stampers)
Counting Cards
Sorting

Misc.
Art Basket


~Thank you for your comments!~

7 comments:

Jen said...

You're so thrifty, Mari-Ann! James looks like he worked so hard on those numbers, great job James!

Candra Georgi said...

i heart all your posts

Elle Belles Bows said...

Wonderful idea Mari-Ann! Good job James!! Kerri

Jen said...

PS: where did you find the embellishments? My oldest saw the picture of James and wants some numbers of his own now! :D

Counting Coconuts said...

Hi Jen, I've collected the numbers from various stores, but I'd say Archivers and Michael's are where I've gotten most of my scrap supplies in general. :)

Candice S. said...

I love this and I love Counting Coconuts! Your sight is such a wonderful tool that all of us can use for teaching, especially those new to Montessori (Me,Me!). Thank you for taking your time to post these wonderfully creative and frugal idea's! How fun!

Have an amazing and blessed day.

Candice @ Rattles and Redheads

Tonya Hache said...

Just wanted to say I LOVE your musical instrument printables! Awesome work!!

Here's what I just finished today for my preschooler, getting reading for St. Pat's day and Letter R week for Rainbows!

Rainbow Rice Sensory!!! :))
http://rockabyebutterfly.blogspot.com/2011/03/rainbow-rice.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails