Friday, April 22, 2011

Fingerprint Friends

James and I had a blast with this activity. It's so simple and fun!

We used this stamp pad, some markers and a pad of paper to create page after page of little fingerprint folks.

James thought it was a real hoot that we could turn the prints into things and especially liked the kitty-cats we made.

After our fingertips were covered in ink, James decided to take it up a notch...

Groooooovy!

I found this idea on one of my favorite blogs, 5 Orange Potatoes. Be sure to check out the link for a fun book recommendation and other fingerprint art links.


~Thank you for your comments!~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Love that James did his whole hand!

Sara said...

We love fingerprint art here, too! Here's our fingerprint fun--
http://happybrownhouse.com/2011/02/01/mommy-me-fingerprint-art/

phasejumper said...

Cute! The Easter eggs are my fave!

Brandi said...

cute idea! We made bugs like that one time. :)

Jennifer said...

Cute! We have done this with paint but the ink pads are a little less messy, I'm sure! I went to Amazon.com and ordered the ink pad and the Complete Funprint Drawing Book by Ed Emberley - so excited!

Kristi @ Creative Connections for Kids said...

Hi Mari-Ann ~ These are adorable. We are going to make our fingerprints into bugs!

Deb Chitwood said...

How cute! I always loved fingerprint art - and those are some great ideas! I hope you and your family have a very blessed Easter! Love and hugs, Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

Leptir (Nataša) said...

Happy Easter :-)

Anonymous said...

cute idea!

Joanna said...

I just found your blog and love the fingerprint friends...I actually have a (very old) copy of Ed Emberley's thumbprint book from when I was little that I've been waiting to show my son (he's 6 days younger than yours!). We will definitely be trying them out this week :-) Thanks for the inspiration!

Leptir (Nataša) said...

Voted for you, circle of moms - 25 homeschooling blogs.

Eva said...

wow those last handprints are pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Good Job !! beautiful Art and nice look.
http://www.oxygenwebtechnologies.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails