Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tot Book - Noah's Ark

I got this clever idea from the 1+1+1=1 website and immediately made one of my own for James!I modified the pattern a little to make it work for us: I made pockets for the mini books instead of taping them down (I know James would rip them out). Also the original has paper clips, which I know James would be tempted to eat, and the pockets keep everything in place anyway. I decorated with stickers to make it even more fun. :)

I expected to wait and introduce the book in a few months, but curiosity got the better of both of us and I gave it to him early. I was surprised at how much he liked and understood it.
Of course the pockets were a huge hit and he kept hiding Noah in them ("where'd Noah go?!" he'd say). He loved all the animal stickers and kept counting them out loud ("two penguins, two bees, two zebras!"). Some of the stickers are soft, some are shiny and once again he surprised me by pointing out which were which ("oooo duck soft!").

It was cute to see him enjoy my homemade creation! I really enjoyed making it too. Truth be told it's a bit tedious with all the printing & cutting, but I like that kind of work. :) I'm almost finished with a Finding Nemo book and I'm looking into finding graphics for a Sesame Street book.

Carisa at 1+1+1=1 has created lots of these books and has graciously shared her patterns for them - click here to make one of your own!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Yay James on your new blog! It's so cute and I can't wait to read more!!

M-A the little Noah book is just adorable. :)

Paul said...

great new blog..guess i won't be using the computer at night anymore...

Confessions of a Homeschooler said...

Thanks, I like your blog too, I'll have to surf around for awhile!

Susan said...

LOVIN' the new blog ~ especially the name and that picture! Perfect!

Great Tot Book too, especially the pockets. If you don't have one already, you might get a paper cutter. Makes things go much faster.

Counting Coconuts said...

Thanks for the nice comments - I'm still not sure if I'm crazy for starting another blog!
P - it's a good thing I have my own laptop! :)
Susan, I do have a cutter, but up until your comment I had forgotten all about it! Thanks for the reminder!

Jolanthe said...

Be sure to send this link to Carisa so she can link back to you showing how you all used it. :)

Very cute!!

Jolanthe

twolittleseeds said...

Hi, have done a link to your blog
http://twolittleseeds.blogspot.com/2010/05/spiralling-out-of-control.html
Check it out x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails