Thursday, October 22, 2009

Homemade Playdough

I recently found a GREAT recipe for homemade playdough. It was so easy to make and turned out perfect. So long, store-bought-plastic-smelling Play-Doh, we've found something better!
I added orange food coloring and pumpkin spice to give it a holiday feel. I plan on making a new themed playdough ball each month. I don't know how long it'll all keep, but so far it's as fresh as when I first made it (a few days ago).

James played with this dough much longer than the store bought kind. I think it was the smell that kept him involved.

I gave him some Halloween cookie cutters to use - he did a great job making these.

*Update: keep playdough refrigerated. I made the mistake of storing it at room temperature and it got kind of mushy.

4 comments:

Paul said...

These were great, James would stop playing with it!

Jen said...

Ooo I'll bet it smelled yummy! Aiden would eat it for sure.

DB said...

Great idea adding a nice smell. The Occupational Therapist reccommended playdough for K as one of the activities to strengthen his joints. I went to buy the ingredients to make some, only to find playdough brand on special & cheaper than buying the ingredients to make my own. Go figure!

Counting Coconuts said...

D - my best friend is an OT! I will totally ask her what kinds of things would be good for K!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails