Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Robot Playdough

We have family visiting right now so I'm a bit late in sharing this with you, but better late than never, right? :)

James and I had a blast creating little robots with a variety of odds and ends like old Christmas tree bulbs, beads, pipe cleaners, and paperclips.

I really wanted the playdough to be silver, but I couldn't find that shade of food coloring, so instead I created this kind of steel blue color (by mixing black and navy together) and added some silver glitter to it.

Click here to see my playdough recipe and notes, as well as links to our other playdough themes.

~Thank you for your comments!~

11 comments:

Debbie said...

I love it! So cute and fun.

Anonymous said...

love love love it!! Great job!

Michelle said...

oh my gosh, this is so adorable!!

divya said...

Such a great idea ! love it !

Annette said...

This is so cute! I think my robot-loving boys will love it. Thanks!

Love and Lollipops said...

Super idea! Well-done!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

ADORABLE! And so much fun. :) I know a little somebody who will love doing this. ;) Thanks for sharing, Mari-Ann!

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

LOVE IT!

Hmm I wonder if you could mix play doh and silver paint......

Could make with clay, then paint silver :)

x

Olives and Pickles said...

I like it!!So fun..I really need to do this.Thanks a lot for your nice ideas my bloggy friend! I hope your pregnancy is going well.
Hugs
Patty

greeneggs said...

Hi, I know this is an old post but I read your recent facebook update so I thought I'd pop over and say thanks for this.

Along with the robot sensory box it saved my sanity this weekend while my husband was away! Please keep up the good work, I love your blog and often recommend it to others!

Counting Coconuts said...

Thanks so much for your comments! Rainbowmummy, what a great idea - I'll have to remember it. Greeneggs, thank you for stopping by after reading today's FB update... definitely appreciated. *hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails