Friday, May 20, 2011

Yarn Along - Baby Knit

I just finished my first "serious" knitting project and I am super excited about it...

It's a wee little kimono for my sweet baby girl, who's due in August. I made this so it'll (hopefully) fit her in the fall/early winter.
This sweater was easier to knit than I thought it would be, but it did require me to learn no less than 8 new techniques. Before I started this project I said to myself, if I can make this - and if it actually looks like a sweater - than I can knit just about anything!

~the inside tie~

It's by no means perfect and I still need to block it, but I'm pretty proud of it. I think I may be able to call myself "advanced beginner" now! I owe a HUGE thank you to my knitting hero's online videos. With her help, I may just be able to tackle this project in the near future.

Oh and I nearly forgot! I'm linking this post up with Ginny's Yarn Along where knitters and bookworms alike come together to share their current projects and reads. I re-read You Are Your Child's First Teacher once again and loved it even more the second time around.

~Thank you for your comments!~

17 comments:

W-S Wanderings said...

The sweater is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the colourway. You are certainly looking like a seasoned knitter now. I giggled at the "advanced beginner" label, because I've been working on a knitting project myself that, with every new technique mastered along the way, has got me thinking that I've earned the "advanced beginner" label now too!

Blessings...

Tammy said...

What a lovely sweater! It is beautiful.

Neptune said...

Nice sweater :)

FWIW, I think that longies are a LOT easier to knit then sweaters. So you won't have any trouble making that happen!
Another good and really easy pattern to make is little turtle knits longies pattern and (also wonderpants pattern.)

happy knitting :)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! You did an amazing job!

Sam said...

This is amazing Mari-Ann!! I'm sure it will always be a keepsake!

Mara said...

this is beautiful!! great job!

Niki said...

Very nice! About all I can knit are scarves and pot holders! LOL I'm very impressed.

.:{ Grace }:. said...

Congrats on the new baby coming! Sweater is gorgeous! Great job on the knitting, I'm scared to knit clothes but really want to, I have some great patterns, so I'll have to try that yarn along!

Mommy to the Princesses said...

Awesome job! Great sweater for the little peanut!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh its amazing!! I love it!! You did such an amazing job on it!!!!!!

Michelle Gibson said...

Great job ~ it is beautiful! I remember when I knit my first sock - I felt like a real knitter. :p (Too bad I never knit the match, lol). I did knit a pair of ballet slippers though ~ they were felted and so neat!

Anonymous said...

The sweater is absolutely beautiful!

Keda said...

That is gorgeous! If you have been close by I would've asked you to knit one for my daughter and paid you for it as well. Lovely work. It seems that all the grannies that use to knit things for my little 2 year old are no longer able to knit. Maybe one of these days I will do it myself.

Jarka said...

so beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern! :)

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on the sweater. Congratulations!

And I believe you can do anything that you set you mind to do.

Erin said...

beautiful!

house full of jays said...

I love the kimono sweater! I'm hoping to knit one (one of these days) for my August arrival as well! I love the colours in your wool. Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails