Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Color Matching Activity

I created this activity for James ages ago when he was first learning colors. I ran across it recently and just for kicks I put it out on our shelves. James LOVED it! Of course it was easy for him, but what a fun sensory experience nonetheless! I decided to post it because I thought those of you with younger children might find it useful.

You can easily recreate this activity with things you have in your home right now! I found the color cards at our local teacher's supply store, but any color flashcards could work and of course you could make your own. Mosey around your house in search of small, solid color objects for each color. Note: I limited it to 3 objects per color because when James was much younger I didn't want to overwhelm him with so many options. (Oops - I now see the 3rd brown object is missing!) :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh what a fun activity! Sammy is good at matching colors now too but I will certainly remember it for next time (well hopefully there is a next time at some point).

carine said...

What a very good idea! Must check if we have such cards in the school and make it for my students!

Jen said...

See now this is one of those ideas that looks simple enough, but I never would have thought of it. Thank you for thinking to share it, I'm off to make it now.

Counting Coconuts said...

Thanks for your comments!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails