Thursday, February 23, 2012

Help! Google Documents Is Being Disagreeable!

I am in need of some Google guru assistance and I'm hoping one of you can help! For the past month or so I've been receiving quite a number of share requests for my free printables. I thought this was odd since all of my printables are set to be accessible to "anyone who has the link" (which is imbedded in the code on the word "download" on my Free Printables page). For many months this has worked just fine (as far as I knew anyway - there were no complaints/no "share requests"), then suddenly access is being denied. I confirmed this by logging on as my husband - a notice pops up saying permission is needed to access the document. Under my account, however, the share settings are as they always were - accessible to everyone. Weird! I don't know why there's a discrepancy or how to fix it. I created these documents to share with everyone, and I'd really love to get this problem solved! I appreciate any useful input! Thanks in advance!

~Thank you for your comments!~

9 comments:

Förskoleburken said...

Hi! I hade similar problems sometimes when I used google docs. I switched to dropbox and it works perfectly. Perhaps that could work for you too?!
Good luck! Maria

Daisie said...

I thought it was odd when I had to ask permission (never had to do that before). I'm sorry, I have no advice. But love your blog!

Alicia said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Google docs...posted a link to my mama's group to see if anyone can help!

Olives and Pickles said...

That is weird! Maybe your account expired, please doble check that or it may be a problem with the google service. That is all I can think for now.
Wish could help ya more.
Hope you find the solution soon.
Patty

Helen Handley said...

My hubby works for google, I will ask him for you.

Helen Handley said...

Look for an email from me.

Laura said...

You may have figured it out by now, but my only thought is that it may have something to do with all the recent changes at Google and something has possibly changed about how you have to mark it or that it is a mistake that Google did not catch when they made recent changes.

Lisa Nolan said...

You can also try Scribd for sharing documents! I have used it a lot in the past for free Montessori lessons... Now I use e-junkie.com for my free Montessori and upcoming PDFs (but it's $5 a month). And, yes, Google is making a lot of changes!

Morgan said...

Hi Mari-Ann, I passed on The Versatile Blogger Award to you today. Check it out at www.tottreasuresnorthbay.blogspot.com!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails