Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Muffin Tin Meal

I LOVE this idea! I found it while blog surfing and wasted no time creating a muffin tin meal for James. Here's our first one:(from L-R) avocado, cheese, chicken breast, veggie chips, edamame, raspberries & pineapple.

I'm anxious to buy a silicone muffin tin because I think it'll be safer for James to eat out of. Plus the ol' gray tins aren't as fun as these ones:I'm definitely going to incorporate muffin tin meals into our weekly menu - James said "oooo whatzat?!" when I set the tin down in front of him and then promptly counted out each tin. I've never seen him enjoy a meal so much! He ate every last bit, too!

5 comments:

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

How great that he enjoyed it so much! I've never tried edamame, but would like to - how do you cook it for James?

Quixotic said...

What a great idea, will definitely steal it!! :)
Just be careful if you actually bake with the silicone trays, get the right ones, as el cheapo ones can leach dyes into the food. Some googling will bring up good info.

Love your blog!

Cara said...

My son loves his muffin tin meals, and it is a great way to give him just a little of quite a few different things. Yours looks yummy!

Counting Coconuts said...

Nicole, I steam the edamame and then add (lotsa) salt. :) So yummy!
Quixotic, thanks for the tip!! Yikes - dye in the food... not a good thing.

Michelle said...

I love your blog, I read it daily and love all your ideas! I decided to go back toward the beginning and am wondering hold on James was when you first started this blog... well, starting in August of 2009 anyhow. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails