Sunday, July 4, 2010

Round-up

I've been wanting to do a "round up" post for some time now. I think it's such a great way to support fellow bloggers and spread the word about all of the amazing ideas that are out there. With over 200 subscriptions my Google Reader is FULL of good things - here are few that caught my eye recently...

Organizing the Jelly Beans created this adorable bus counting activity and is generously offering to share it with anyone who'd like a copy (me!).

I love this simple lemonade recipe over at Wee Folk Art. Definitely something I will be making with James very soon! Click around on this blog because there are lots of craft tutorials you'll want to try out.

Lindsay, from Bytes of Memory, is one of my favorite Tot School mamas - take a look at her recent Tot School post where her cute little guy made an adorable frog out of various materials.

I keep meaning to tell you all that I had the honor of meeting - in person! - Natalie, author of Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns and creator of the ever popular, What My Child is Reading. You'll find TONS of children's book recommendations here. She's such a lovely person and it was a real treat to spend time with her!

RedTedArt shows you how to make rainbow cookies... yum!!

Pretty much everything on Childhood Magic is brilliant - the wool name banner, the toy snake, the giant bubble wand, and the star lantern tutorial are at the top of my must make list.

If you're looking for a blog that has it all - crafts, giveaways, tips & advice - take a look around at Mommy Moment.

Elise, over at Inspiration Surrounds... Creativity Abounds, made these felt flowers a while back. They are SO beautiful and I think they'd be perfect for our nature table.

The Picky Apple is a fantastic blog with tons of great recipes and recommendations, most of which are starred in my Reader. Check out this post about the scratch-n-sniff paint she made - SO FUN!

We all know and love The Activity Mom! She has a seemingly endless supply of clever and creative ideas. This ABC Hunt was a big hit with James.

My dear bloggy friend, Susan of Chasing Marcus, has (finally!) opened an Etsy store where she sells all of her gorgeous felt food creations. I have the great honor of hosting a giveaway of her food very soon, so stay tuned!

I always enjoy reading the 5 Question Friday posts over at All About Aidan and I'm so inspired by her 365 project.

The Sippy Cup Mom wins the Most Ingenious award for making this alligator cake for her daughter's birthday. That's one lucky little girl!!

This was fun to put together and I think I'll *try* to do it monthly. :) My next round-up post will be a collection of the many fabulous Montessori ideas I've seen recently.

16 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

Thank you so much for linking up to my post. I'm glad it was a hit!

I was just oohing and aaahing over your 4th of July activities and sensory bin! Awesome!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is so thoughtful of you to write this round-up with all the ideas that attracted you. You are way more organized than I am and thank you for including my blog. It was a great pleasure to meet you too in person too.

Anonymous said...

Awww thanks Mari-Ann! Loved the ideas of some of the things you had listed and I'm now off to check them out! :-)

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Aww thanks for the bus mention :) Made me feel all warm :)

Such a lovely post

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari-Ann

oooh, thank you so much for mentioning our Rainbow Cookies! So lovely of you!!

Will have to check out all your other links too! Love finding new crafty people to share ideas with!

And I am very jealous you met Natalaie - her blog is amazing! Living in the UK I will have to be a virtual friend to you all! *sigh*

Maggy

Mommy Moment said...

You are so sweet to give Mommy Moment such a wonderful shout out!
I am on holiday's but do not seem to be getting your blog posts by e-mail...I may have to re-enter my e-mail address. Do you know if anyone else is missing out?

Thanks again for linking up to our blog! What a blessing you are!

Jody

Cara said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Mari-Ann! The Koolaid Painting was one of my favorite activities recently. You mentioned some really neat stuff at some of the other blogs...can't wait to check them all out!

Ariella said...

Thanks for the mention Mari-Ann! Hope you have a great 4th of July :)

Ariella

Sippy Cup Central said...

That was so kind of you to link me. I hope you have a wonderful 4th! Karen
Sippy Cup Central

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing all these ideas and activities! I'm a new follower.

Found your site through Living Montessori Now.

PS-Love the background! I have it on my blog too! Aren't Shabby Blogs great?

Elise said...

I know exactly what you mean about finding so many wonderful and inspirational ideas on all of the fabulous blogs out there.

I was tickled pink to see that you had included me in your round up. Thank you so much.

I'm off to check out your links to the blogs that I am unfamiliar with - probably not a wise move as I am flat out at the moment keeping up with all of my favourite blogs :(, but I know anything you have found interesting will be something that I will also enjoy.

Thank you taking the time to share your finds with us.

The Mom I Want To Be said...

What a great group of shout-outs! Have you checked out tumblr? It's a great way to keep track of all of the wonderful ideas in your reader. To get a feel for it- check out my site: http://givinguponacleanhouse.tumblr.com/
Let me know if you have questions about it :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic roundup! I'm bookmarking so I can explore it all in more detail tonight - looks like some lovely links here!

Theresa Mezo said...

I love your all of your round up links, can't wait to check them out!
Thanks for mentioning me, I finally got my project 365 book in the mail last week, and it is fabulous! Can't wait to do another one! :)

Rebecca said...

What a nice thing to do for fellow bloggers :)

The Attached Mama said...

I love all of these ideas! Good picking out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails