Thursday, August 18, 2011

August Sensory Tub - Back to School!

One last sensory tub for the road. I sure will miss creating these over the next few months!

Since James will still have school with my husband, I decided to go with a 'back to school' theme for this tub. I've been wanting to make this for a while, but opted for a fall/apple theme last year instead.

Here's what's inside:

:: Shredded notebook paper (James, under my supervision, used a shredder machine to make this)
:: Personalized pencil case (I won this in a giveaway. James can pack the supplies in the pouch and I know he'll love using the zipper!)
:: Crayons
:: Pencils
:: Erasers (which can be added to the pencil tops for a fine motor activity)
:: Pencil sharpener (to be used with the pencils, of course)
:: Scissors (James can further cut the shredded paper)
:: Paper clips (these can be used to make chains - see our recent activity involving this)
:: Wooden alphabet tiles with little holes at the top (to be used with the lacing string in the pencil pouch)
:: Number beads, 0-10 (can also be laced)
:: Foldable ruler - no clue where this came from; I've had it for years.
:: Tiny yarn apples knitted by me last year
:: Colorful shapes (they link together)
:: Mini homemade notebook (James can use the pencils he's sharpened or the crayons to draw inside of the notebook)
:: Small alphabet book
:: School bus calendar cards
:: Back to school novelty buttons (found at Joanne's years ago)

James had since grown tired of the transportation tub and the pond tub so this new one was welcomed with opened arms! His favorite thing so far is the foldable ruler. :)

Click the button below to see a full list of my sensory tubs or click here to view my slideshow on the Counting Coconuts Facebook page.


~Thank you for your comments!~

6 comments:

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

I'm a kindergarten teacher getting ready for back-to-school...love your ideas here! Will definitely add monthly themed bin to our classroom shelves! Thanks so much for sharing.

twolittleseeds said...

This is a spectacular idea. Will be making one of these! Good luck with the coming weeks. I watch your blog with great fondness. Enjoy the magic moments to come. Daisy xxx

Anonymous said...

great tub!! Love the interactiveness of this tub.. sharpen the pencil then use it in the mini book or the scissors to cut the paper ups some more!

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Oh this is darling!!

Belledancr - becky said...

This is adorable! Warm wishes that your birthing exprience goes smoothly!

Unknown said...

I found your website through Living Montessori Now. I love it! I was inspired to setup some of our own Montessori trays and activities. I was also inspired to setup my first sensory tub thanks to this post. I blogged about it here: http://handmadebycj.blogspot.com/2012/08/delving-into-montessori-methods.html. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful ideas and also for being the first place that I've seen that actually explains in detail the sensory tubs. I love your FAQ post about them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails