Monday, June 18, 2012

Homemade Baby Food

It's the simple things that make me happy. Like this little selection of homemade baby food...

It's the colors, the freshness, the simplicity of it that I love.

I made all of James' food when he was little and I was working outside of the home, and I'm making Juliet's food, too. We're using a combined pureed-baby led weaning approach and it's going really well.

If you have a little one, I highly recommend you give homemade food a try! Making your own food is super easy, plus it's healthier and MUCH cheaper (I saved over $100 in just one cooking session!) than store-bought food. Here's are my two favorite baby food cookbooks - here and here - and my go-to website for the whens/hows/whys for making baby food.

~Thank you for your comments!~

2 comments:

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I agree - super easy! It really takes less time than jumping in the car and going shopping for jars of baby food. I made all of Matthew's food when he was that age - just popped it in ice cube trays and thawed a couple when it was time to eat. No preservatives either, which was a huge deal for us. I used that website too. :)

Unknown said...

YES!! Thank you Mari-Ann! We were just talking about how to make home made baby food!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails