Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Organizing Calendar Cards

This is nothing earth shattering, but it's a little organizational tip that's worked well for me so I thought I'd share it. :)

You all know how I love to change our calendar cards each month, right? Well, over the past couple of years I've amassed quite a collection of these cards. Ordinarily, when we're finished using them for the month, I store them by season along with the rest of that season's materials. But since some of my themes don't really fit with a season (e.g. space, weather), I had to come up with a better solution.

This is pretty simple - I made sure each card set was put back in numerical order, wrapped a rubber band around it all, put the set into an envelope (found these great pocket sized envelopes at our local general store), and labeled them. That's it!

I used a separate letter sized envelope to store our months and seasons.

It all fits nicely in the shoe box together and I LOVE that it's all in one place! Hooray for simple solutions!

~Thank you for your comments!~

2 comments:

medina family said...

Thank you for sharing your printable calendar cards...I finally got my act together and printed the beach theme ones for June. My son is enjoying using pushpins to pin them to the bulletin board, counting up to the date, counting how many of each picture there are, plus we talk about it in Spanish! Great learning for him.

Jennifer Call said...

I store my Calendar cards in the paper CD holder. They come in all colors and most have a clear covering over part of it so you can see what the cards look like. I love them I got the at the dollar store near me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails