Monday, April 5, 2010

Montessori Monday

We've been taking a "spring break" from our planned Montessori lessons while Tia's here, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been lots of Montessori practical life going on in the meantime...

Here's James making himself a peanut butter sandwich:
And helping mama make some pineapple banana smoothies:
James is becoming more and more self sufficient every day, from undressing himself to brushing his teeth to pouring his own juice. He LOVES not having to ask mama or papa for help. Paul and I are big advocates of independence, but I have to admit every advancement toward that direction is bittersweet for me. James is growing up so (too) quickly and it's all I can do to choke back the tears when I remind myself that he will be 3 next weekend!

10 comments:

Together We Save said...

Great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

aww love that series of pictures of him making a pb sandwich! I love the Independence builders. It makes them so much more confident but man I sometimes wish they would slow down!

Kendra said...

Oh dear...my son just turned three and if I gave him peanut butter, I'd need hazmat to clean my kitchen afterwards lol.

Fiona said...

wow your son sounds like he can do so much considering he is not even 3. I am only just discovering Montessori but would like to learn more. Do you know ay good books or links that can help me?

Mommy Moment said...

Aww, I feel for you! Having our babies grow up is not easy!
((HUGS))

Jody

Karen said...

My sweety friend!!! How are you???, It looks like James it's growing up to fast!!!!ha.... he's just a little young men!!! Congratulations

Big Hugs!!!!
Karen

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love the pictures. How exciting that James is turning 3 - time flies so fast. It's amazing and exciting to watch your kids making those steps to independence despite the mini and macro messes that come with those steps.

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

I just love his independence. I was thinking about having a week of practical skills kids of things, self care, folding laundry, helping in the kitchen and cleaning. I know that we should be doing it anyhow, but I thought a week to jump start us into doing those things might be a good idea!

Jen said...

I can't believe he can make his own pbj sandwich and he's only TWO!
I know just what you mean about them growing up too fast..... it's hard sometimes.

Leigh said...

Happy early birthday to James!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails