Sunday, January 3, 2010

Life School Take 2

Unlike some of my amazing bloggy friends, I skipped out on Tot School (again) this week. We had guests here most of the week and it was just too hard to find time for any "organized" school activities. Of course there was lots of Life School to be had...

James and the giant coconut. Paul and his brother spent a good 45 minutes trying to crack this coconut only to discover it was rotted. :(

Checking out the canons at The Dockyard

Building sand castles with Uncle Dan

Hiking and exploring the island

Tomorrow I'll be planning out our Tot School activities for the coming week. We're back on track with the alphabet and next up is the letter O. I'm thinking we'll get a lot accomplished since we'll be staying in the house a lot this week (potty training has officially begun!).

Oh and one other quick thing: I just revamped James' playroom/schoolroom and I am SO excited about how it turned out. I have just a few more things to add and then I will excitedly post a photo tour of our new set up. In the meantime, here's a sneak peek... :)

13 comments:

Elise said...

We have not done any "organised" activities either and probably won't tilll Troy returns back to work mid January. Although I have been planning and preparing resources which I thoroughly enjoy.

I am really looking forward to seeing the new set up you have organised for James in his playroom/schoolroom.

Like you, I am making the most of this time of year to organise and plan.

Willow said...

I just found your blog today and I love all of your ideas! Can't wait to see pics of the revamped schoolroom!

XYZZ said...

Seriously - it is just CRUEL to post beach photos when I'm here suffering through winter in the midwest. It was under 20 degrees today - bah humbug. ;)

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Loved the pics!

Jen said...

What a great week for James, I'll bet he was happy to have his aunt and uncle in town! Did you all go to Elbow Beach for Christmas? We used to go there before we had the boys.
I cannot wait to see your revamped room!!! You always do such an amazing job of decorating!

Theresa Mezo said...

..can't wait to see the new schoolroom!
Also, thanks for the sunny beach pics.. it's freezing here is Michigan! :)

Anonymous said...

oo lots of fun life school moments! I love the sandcastle building and can't wait to see the room :-)

Montessori Beginnings said...

Hi Mari-Ann. Thanks so much for the award! When trying to decide who to pass it on to you were one of the first blogs I thought of that deserves the Sunshine award so I've passed it back to you! Looks like you're having a great time enjoying life : )

Karen said...

Hi Mari-ann!!! I now, I now, you gave me an award...but I have to give back to my favorites blogs....So I have to give you th Sunshine Award!!!!lol.... Tu blog es espectacular!! asi que te lo mereces!!

Un abrazote!!

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

I can not wait to see what you all do this week. We took a week off, I was sick and not feeling like doing much of anything. I hope to tape my video tonight since I have a voice now and upload it soon. I have been intimidated by wool roving, so you might have to help me get over that fear!

sbswtp said...

We have been off from Tot School as Well :) I am loving the water pics...it is yucky in NY right now...cold cold cold... :( The water is sooo pretty..... :)

Counting Coconuts said...

Thank you for you kind words!

Hehe - sorry Nicole! Stay warm where you are!
Jen, we decided against Elbow (too crowded) and went to Cooper's Island instead.
Susan, I just sent you an email. :)
MB, thanks for the link!!

Miranda said...

As soon as I read your post I flashed back to when my hubby was stationed in Hawaii and during our first week there we found a coconut and 1 hr and 15 minutes later he discovered it was rotted as well! I hope you had as good a time as I did watching his hard work only to be defeated by the gross inside of the coconut. Oh, how I miss living on an island!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails