Thursday, December 3, 2009

Button Tree *repost*

Now that it's December and Christmas ideas are flying around the blog scene faster than Santa's sleigh, I thought it would be a good idea to do a quick repost about the little Button Tree I made last month.

This is a great way for little ones to practice their buttoning skills. Also, the buttons and lights (felt circles) are color-coordinated, offering a fun lesson in color matching!

I wish I could offer a tutorial, but the truth is since I thought it up in my head I just kind of winged it. It's really self explanatory... just cut up some felt, attach a few buttons, stuff it, sew it all together, and voila! And I'll say this, if I -the one who's afraid of sewing machines- can do it, you can too!

Let me know if you make one - I'd love to see it!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

That is super cute! I love it! :)

I am Koogle... said...

Your button tree is adorable! So...do the felt circles have little slits cut in them so they can be placed on the buttons? (~Sorry to be thick; I just couldn't quite tell from the photo.) Thanks for a terrific idea. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails