Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Came Early!

Look what arrived in the mail today!!!
A BIG box of FUN!

My dear bloggy friend, Susan (All About the Journey), took pity on me when she read this post about my lack of craft resources here on the island. Not only did Susan offer to send me things, she asked for my wish list and then went to great lengths to shop around for the best deals. She also took pictures and video of everything she found so I could "approve" the purchases first! Needless to say I "approved" everything - being an arts and craftsy mama herself, she knew just what I would like. :)

Here are a few more pictures of my loot...Cookie cutters galore, buttons, beads, felt, pom-poms, stickers, etc., etc., etc.! I can't wait to put it all to use!

My all-time favorite thing:
This little gumball machine. A gift from Susan. It's just one of the many extras she added to the box. {Honestly, have you ever known anyone so kind?! Bless her heart.} See her post here about how she has used this. James will love it!

Never in a million years would I have imagined blogging would introduce me to such kind and thoughtful people.
Thank you so much, Susan! You're the best!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

This is such a kind act of kindness. You will enjoy it all! It just goes to show that we have some very special friends here in the blog world!

Karen said...

Wow!!!!! So much fun, so much things!!! What a GREAT AND GOOD FRIEND!!! THAT'S SO NICE!!! BEAUTIFUL HEART!! AND KINDNESS!! God Bless her!! Congratulations Mari-ann!!

Susan said...

*blushing* it was my pleasure to pack up a box for you. Glad your hubby agreed this was a cost effective way for you to shop! HUGS!!

Carrie said...

How cute! Thanks for your comment on my blog today! :)

Rusheika said...

that is awesome! I know your frustration about reying to find stuff here... It drives me insane! Looks like you got a good solution!
It was great to see you the other day!
Love your new blog BTW!!

Counting Coconuts said...

Thank you for your comments!! Yep, Susan's a sweetheart! My new bloggy BFF! :)
Rusheika, it's nice to know there's someone else on the island who understands what I mean about the scarcity of supplies here!!

Jen said...

I would've sent you stuff!!!! All you need is to ask! I remember how limited supplies are there... used to drive me insane that I couldn't find simple things like buttons and glue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails